Sunday, February 21, 2010

The transition has been made.

To the crib, that is. I have to tell you, it was much harder on mommy than baby. I woke with each little noise from the monitor, but I was very patient and good and waited, because K seemed to console herself back to sleep again without needing me. She woke up screaming for food at 3:30, but that was it. She went right back down without a peep, and I even slept in as daddy got up with her. SLEEP IS GOOD. I have energy today...and all because I cut the cord.

Anybody need a bassinet? 'Cause the kid is confined to her own room now! Maybe the hubs and I can resume a somewhat "normal" marital relationship. Since I have family that read this, I will spare the details...but you know already.

On to sadder things...

Seven more days until I return to work. Seven more days in a row of cuddling, playing, and enjoying every waking moment of my little growing girl. It's so nice to be able to see all of her "firsts", and I am sad to think about missing more milestones because I have to work.

We are very lucky to have a great neighbor who will care for her while we work. She lives across the street and used to run her own in-home daycare, but has taken a break from it for 6-7 years. We trust her, and she seems like family more than just a neighbor. Thankfully, we will only need her M-W-F because I'll have Tuesdays off and Glen will have Thursdays off. I was a bit nervous about deciding to decrease my hours from 40 to 32 (the decision was made back in October), but I am SO GLAD I did. So I'll have to pay a bit more for insurance premiums, and I'll lose 1/5 of my paycheck. I can deal with that. Buy fewer coffees, take lunch to work instead of buying, cut my everyday spending. I can do it! Because that means I get one more day a week to watch my little girl grow.

Working moms out there: How did you handle your transition back to work? Was it worse or better than you expected? Any advice to share?





3 comments:

Sal said...

Not a working mama here, but I wanted to say congrats on the transition! Sully is STILL in the Snugglenest in my bed, and is STILL not STTN. Ugh. I swear this child will be up at 3:00AM when he's sixteen asking me to make him some pancakes or something.

Noelle said...

We are in the same boat...I'll let you know how it goes after this week!

The Lungos said...

Good luck with your return to work. You can read about mine here: http://thelungos.blogspot.com/2010/02/work-it.html
and here: http://thelungos.blogspot.com/2010/02/back-in-saddle.html

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez