Thursday, February 25, 2010

Magazine Whore

'Tis me. Yep. I currently have six, yes SIX active magazine subscriptions: SELF, Cosmo, Cooking Light, Women's Health, BH&G, and Parents. Five, maybe six too many. This, however, does not count my additional professional subscriptions that are way to boring to even name here. To give myself credit, I got them all on "special" and I pay for them out of my "frivolous spending only" account. I can't help but love the high of finding a new issue in my mailbox, its new paper smell, and the glossy pages never before touched by a licked finger. [You know you do this, and this is the sole reason that I take my own magazines to the hair salon.]

BUT since having Katelyn I rarely have time to sit down and read them. As it is, I have to wait until after 10 pm or after to post here because that's the only down time I get. So, like a true junkie, I cannot part with all of them cold turkey. I'm cutting out Cosmo ['cause I no longer need the "best sex you'll ever have" or "here's how to have the perfect hair" articles that I used to love in my early twenties], saying sayonara to BH&G ['cause that's about 30 years ahead of my time], and Cooking Light ['cause I can download recipes for free, y'all!!]. My concerns revolve around dealing with cellulite and boob sag, getting my groove back workout-wise, and getting spit-up stains out of my clothing. Ah, times they are a'changing!

Crap. I just realized I also get the Food Network Magazine....I guess I like food too much!

Here are the keepers:















What's your guilty pleasure?


1 comment:

Noelle said...

Us Weekly, The Economist, People and Parents. If i'm flying i might still buy cosmo and glamour, but I agree, i'm passed the days where I needed sex or hair advice :)

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez