Before Katelyn, I have no idea what I did with my time. Well---er, um, I take that back. I have every clue: internet shopping, blogging, reading blogs, organizing and reorganizing the closet(because of the shopping), painting my fingernails, taking nice long walks with the furbaby, lovin' up on the hubby, and having the freedom to work out (or not) anytime I wanted. Oh, yeah, and working (which I return to on March 1st---so soon!).
After 7 weeks of having a baby on a boob for 30 minutes every 2 hours, changing 10-12 diapers a day, rocking/cradling/shooshing the baby to please-for-the-love-of-heaven-SLEEP!!!!, I came out of the new mother fog and saw myself clearly in the mirror. I had to turn around and look over my shoulder because I swear, that is not me. The old Stacia didn't have love handles. She didn't have saggy boobs. And as far as I can remember, she used to wear makeup and fix her hair every day. HA!!! I am no longer the girl that I used to be.
Damn. Not pretty.
Sure, you can say that the stretch marks are battle scars, the love handles "will go away with breastfeeding", and Victoria's Secret has the hottest push-up bras! Granted, all of these things are trivial considering I birthed a perfect, healthy baby girl. I am not complaining about that. When reality hits (and my own critical eye), I have to admit I am VERY vain. Those stretch marks mean that I can't wear that bikini that I wore on our honeymoon. Those love handles, in fact, are not going away, despite my breastfeeding. And heaven forbid I buy a $50 bra...especially one that doesn't allow easy access for my sweet little one with a suction cup face.
I am now embracing my love handles and doing something about them. That gym membership that we've paid for month by month, the one that I didn't take advantage of for oh, 6 months last year, is now getting used. I've gone more in the past 2 weeks than I did in the entire first quarter of 2009.
IT FEELS GOOD.
Not only do I feel my abs working again, but I feel mentally lifted. I'm sleeping better. I'm waking up with energy. When I go to pick Katelyn up from the in-laws' after my workouts, I realize how much I missed her. All of those things work wonders when you're sleep deprived and have been wearing spit-up covered PJs for weeks.
I'm no doctor, but my prescription for post-baby blues? Mommy time.
And for all the SNL fans out there, more cowbell will have to wait.
By the way, my little girl will be 2 months old on Super Bowl Sunday!
Today's eye candy:




5 comments:
This sounds just like me!!! LOL
Such a beautiful family! Lets work on getting rid of the love handles together :) xoxo
Girl, I feel ya. As worth it as it is to be a mommy, some things are just not the same!
I totally feel you! I stopped breastfeeding two weeks ago and am so glad i did. I give you major props for doing it, it's hard work! I started working out again and just did a cleanse that worked wonders and feel so much better about myself. Amazing how our bodies have changed, and it's not so easy to bounce back lol Your little girl is so cute though so it's all worth it!
All of it is so very true!! But you have found the answer I wish I would have found it sooner with my first. Live and learn.
You daughter is adorable and just a little bit older than my Little Man. I think I may have found his future wife :)
Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment