I'm from Texas, so I KNOW what wind is like...right? After we moved here almost 4 years ago, I thought I was through with wind storms. More rain, yes. Windy? No! Here we are on our THIRD day of sustained winds at 30 mph or greater, with gusts up to 75 mph. Did I mention the skies are blue, the sun is shining (rare for this time of year), and I don't want to go outside to get the paper, let alone walk the dog because I'm afraid I'll lose my shirt!
Luckily, we've only lost a few shingles. Our trees are still rooted, yet we drove around town only to see downed trees and power lines everywhere. A truck got smashed in by a giant tree...all 3 people luckily survived!
I woke up in the middle of the night, only to realize our power was off. I didn't get up to see what time it was, but by the time I got up at 8, the digital clock was flashing at 2:30. So the power came back on around 5 am....Thank goodness, because I can't live without all of my HDTV/Food channel weekend shows!





1 comment:
Eek! That seems horrible!
Post a Comment