I'm not feeling so poetic lately. I get a little down at this time every year....the holidays have passed in a blur, I'm carrying 5-6 more pounds around my waist and hips than I did a month ago, and I don't get to look forward to another work holiday until Memorial Day! :(
My sweetie, today, is driving a friend 3 hours to Newport to buy a car. Long story, but the guy got ripped of by a car consignment lot (2 cars, 1 Harley, no money), his wife, in her late forties, has Multiple Sclerosis and is now living in an assisted living center for seniors, and they lost their house because he couldn't support the mortgage with his pay alone. He has no car and is relying on friends like us to drive him around. He's getting a car from Newport because he has another friend who runs a car lot. This guy is a reputable guy, a medical professional, and is living his worst nightmare.
All that complaining I did at the start of this post? I take it back. I don't have to be in a Thansgiving state of mind to be grateful for the blessings I have. Those 5-6 pounds should be gone by the end of the month, if I'm good!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment