So I've finally gotten around to uploading pictures from our Texas trip (Vegas to come). My brother Shawn married the lovely Sarah on 8/8/10 in what we call the "Cowboy Church". Their theme/color scheme was based on sunflowers, so all the guys dressed in [very bright] yellow button-downs, cowboy hats, and boots, while the girls were in simple brown dresses with sunflower bouquets. I got to visit many of my family members, though I wish we could have visited longer. Even with particular family issues going on (we all have them, right?), we all managed to get along. Glen could not wait to get the hell out of dodge, though. :)
My grandmother and I:
The lovely bride Sarah
Shawn (bad lighting...not a great pic)
Sealed with a kiss!
My half-sister Brenda and I
Me and My Mom
Katelyn and her cousin Brooke
One of the best things about going back to Texas was the chance to visit our friends Wes and Amanda and their 3 kids Ellie (4), Garyn (2 1/2), and Madilyn (8 months). Madi was born just 11 days after Katelyn, so they will definitely grow up "together", even though we're 2000 miles apart. I realize now that we didn't get many pictures besides those of the kids, but Vegas had much more in store....
For now, here are a few great ones of our short stay with them. Wes and Amanda, we love you and can't wait to see you again!
It was a great, short trip, and Katelyn did very well. So well that she decided to cut her first tooth the day before we left, and her second tooth 4 days later, and she didn't cry much at all. We are so proud of our little munchkin! (Who, by the way, is 9 months old!!!!!!! Where the hell did time go?)
No comments:
Post a Comment