Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm a new aunt!

As of December 3rd, I am an aunt for the umpteenth time...I've lost count, simply because I have 3 older 1/2 sisters who have mutliple children. I am a full-blooded aunt to 4 now. :) Her name is Brooke Lauren. It's a beautiful name that I would love even more if part of it weren't OUR name. Lauren is the name that Glen and I have had picked out for our first daughter since before we even got married. They picked it out 4 months ago. Now it's going to my "No" name list. Sad day. I feel a bit guilty about my resentment, but bite me. That's what I get for being the oldest child and the last to have one of my own.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Congrats, and I totally understand your name resentment.

That almost did happened to us when we were expecting our little soccer player. One of Shaun's cousins knew they were having a boy (due two weeks after us) and they had already decided the names Matthew Tyler when we didn't know for sure that we were having a boy, but our names, although a secret, were set - including Mattias. I was so mad, but then Shaun overheard the other mom-to-be refering to the baby as Tyler and then it was set - Mattias would be Mattias, Tyler could have whatever name he got. So that's what the family has two second-cousins born a few weeks apart, but very different names because not many remember the middle names. (Except me who almost lost my 'baby name').

If you like Lauren as a name keep it on your list, especially if your newest niece has it as a middle name. You can always include the story how you and Glen picked it out in the baby book and then mention that your niece just happened to be named first.

Hope that helps.

Amanda said...

Ya know, that is one thing that stinks about having kids--name snatchers. I wanted to name Ellie "Gracie" and I was upset when I found out that one of our friends who had a baby about 6 months before Ellie anounced that they were naming their little girl "Gracie". They didn't know that we liked the name, but it was still upsetting.

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez