Sunday, September 13, 2009

Battle Wounds

I am in denial. As I finally showered and dressed for the day today, I looked in the mirror, and to my horror I was not-so-kindly greeted by my own entourage of stretch marks...full-blown fringes of them about 4 inches below my belly-button, 2+ inches long and spanning about 8 inches across. I knew it was coming. I'm a fair, red-headed woman who has had stretch marks on her back and hips since puberty. I am no stranger to this, but the fact that I catch a glimpse of their purpleness in the mirror every time I go to the bathroom is a constant reminder.
I know, I should get over it. What a small price to pay to have a child of my own. After all, this will be nothing compared to the wrinkles this girl will cause me when she's a teenager....
I love this little girl so much already.


1 comment:

Lyse2143 said...

I am sure you look beautiful despite your battle wounds. I know I'll get them too since I have the battle wounds from puberty to remind me.

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez