Saturday, August 29, 2009

26 weeks and nursery progress!

It's been a pretty uneventful week, besides new carpet and reorganization/purging of bedroom stuff last weekend. I do plan on registering tomorrow, so that's the big news of the week. Sad, right? I'm just more and more tired lately, I'm starting to panic about money issues while I'm on maternity leave, and other family issues.

We did get the nursery going, finally!!

I freehanded the cherry blossom tree skeleton today...not too bad, right? I was pretty impressed with myself, if I do say so. :) Tomorrow I'll paint the actual flowers. We'll put the crib against this wall, and I have a birdie mobile that I can hang to look like they're flying around the tree.




Our Baby Mod "Cadence" crib from WalMart (evil place, I know) with Bananafish Lily bumper:


I forgot to take a pic of the Hemnes 8-drawer dresser from Ikea that we're using as a changing table, but I'll get that in soon. For now, here's my 26-week belly and the boring survey:






How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 15 pounds on my scale
How big is baby?: 14 inches head to feet, 1.75 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yep...all bottoms except stretchy pjs. A few tees, too. I can still wear some non-pg camis and tees.
Stretch marks? My lovely husband kindly pointed out the beginning of 2 new stretches on the underside of my belly---the side I can see if I bend backwards and look in the mirror. It was a sad day, but they are totally worth it.
Sleep: Eh. I got my Snoogle on Monday, and it worked like a dream the first 2 nights!! The last 3 nights, I've been pretty restless, but I'm chalking it up to a growth spurt.
Best moment this week: Feeling kicks by my ribcage! Also: New carpet last Saturday, putting the crib and dresser together. It's starting to look like a nursery! I also painted the skeleton of the cherry blossom tree today. See pic above.
Food cravings: cheese pizza and milk...together.
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: *Maybe* a couple of little BH's in the last 2-3 days. Definitely not labor.
Belly Button in or out? Innie, becoming more shallow by the day.
What I miss: 6-7 straight hours of sleep. Won't see that again for...years. :(
What I am looking forward to: my 1st baby shower on Oct. 10th! NOT looking forward to seeing the scale at the doctor's on Friday, though. Too many slices of pizza, blueberry crisp, chimichangas, etc.
Milestones: I'm peeing about 20 times during the day. If that's not a milestone, I don't know what is. All the water I drink is definitely worth not having any swelling yet!



1 comment:

imavera said...

that tree is beautiful! I'm very impressed.

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez