Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The date is set!

I had my 3rd OB appt today at 15w 4d...heartbeat at 160 bpm! My OB said, "Sounds like a girl!", and all I could think was, "yeah, right. That's just an OWT (old wives tale)." Then she said, "Oh, that's just an old wives' tale. We'll leave it up to technology to confirm." My confidence in Dr. Carter quickly returned. :)

Two great things happened, though:
1. Successful one-time blood draw! Remember that u-g-l-y bruise I posted a few weeks ago from the blood draw? Well, that is finally almost gone. So today, I needed to get more blood drawn for spina bifida testing, and she went for the exact same spot! I had to remind her that she wasn't so successful there the first time....(no pressure, right?)...she went on to tell me that she was having a horrible day. (Right before she's about to poke me with a needle. hmmmm) Equipment malfunction, her running behind, and finding out her dog has cancer. Maybe this stress is helpful for her, because before I knew it, she had an entire vial of blood and it was painless!

2. I scheduled the anatomy U/S! July 14th it is....I was hoping for maybe a little earlier than that, but I'll be 19w 3d. Perfect! I am super excited! Let the sex poll commence! --------------------->

















3 comments:

Mrs.Andreazza said...

I'm gonna go ahead and say girl!!

Lena said...

How exciting!!!

Lyse2143 said...

Ha! I am in the minority with picking baby boy. I just feel a boy with you!

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez