To add to my sono photos, my 2nd OB appt on Wednesday was not the best, as far as timing. I had to call in sick to work that day, as I felt like crap. More than usual. Now, I'm not one to call in sick very often, and it was much needed! I mustered up the energy to shower for the appt at 2:30. I get there, and they immediately told me my dr. has been in delivery all day and most likely won't make it. Completely understandable. Babies aren't predictable. I can always reschedule.
At this point, I was just looking forward to seeing my baby again! 30 minutes later, the U/S tech retrieved me from the waiting room, made me get on the scale (ugh), and quickly shooed me to a room and had the gel ready to plop on my belly before I could even get comfortable on the table. Yes, she was behind (late). But she didn't have to rush ME. She was not too verbal, but she did tell us when she was measuring head/femur/belly, etc. My biggest complaint was that I was told this would be a 30 minute U/S with plenty of time to see many angles of the baby. I was on the table 10minutes max. I wore my big girl panties and did not pout or complain...I understand her intentions of gaining back some time w/her appointments. No harm done.
Next: bloodwork. Not my most stellar "skill", if you call sitting there and pumping your fist while a vampire tries to suck you dry a skill. I am historically known as a "roller". My veins do not stay put, nor are they very big. Most phlebotomists chuckle and say "yeah, ok" when I tell them this (of course everyone tells them this, right?). I have been poked at the elbow, wrist, back of the hand....sometimes 5-6 sticks to try to get a good draw. Once, when I was 16, I passed out as a med student drew blood from my wrist. (because it hurt, not because of the blood/needle!) So, I've seen a few needles in my day! So she probes my right elbow, which didn't hurt at all, but no luck. Left hand...no luck. Left forearm...jackpot! But only enough for the NT scan testing. I have to get it done again in 3 weeks. Hopefully, this will be gone by then:
After that, I saw a nurse midwife who was GREAT! I really enjoyed my visit with her, even though it was another scale/pee/talk about symptoms/hear the heartbeat visit. But, this was the first time I've heard the heartbeat on the doppler, so it was cool! G and I heard the heartbeat briefly during the scan earlier, but this was a bit longer. That ended one helluva long appt---2 hours to be exact, if you count all the waiting in between.
As far as belly pics go, I'm trying to be better! At least I'm taking them on time---even though they don't immediately make it to the blog. Here's 12 & 13 weeks: (I see a bit of a change, there!)
12 weeks
13 weeks




3 comments:
yay for pictures!!!
ouch that bruise looks painful! Your bump is super cute though :)
WOW Stacia you don't have much of a belly yet but I can't wait to see it grow and grow!
Post a Comment