Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Invisalign diet: I need more lemons!

I've graduated from tomato soup and grilled cheese to crab cakes....much else, I can't chew. To be honest, I can handle ripened bananas, berries, yogurt. Perhaps I need to ask Jenny for a few of her baby food puree recipes. :) But those lemon drop martinis I had lastnight went down really easy. We went to Portland City Grill lastnight for an Oregon Physical Therapist Association fundraising event, and I made sure to replace calories lost from food with a glass of white wine and 2 martinis. Afterward, we and our friends Jeff, Megan #1, Ernie, and Megan #2 stopped by Voodoo Doughnuts to satisfy Glen's craving. They are known for their bacon maple bars (that's right....I nice maple bar slathered with a couple of strips of greasy, crispy bacon) and a variety of other ones (click on the link!).
Then we went to Paddy's for a nightcap...and home by 11:00! We just can't handle the late nights that we used to. Papa Rod took in puppydog Tech for the night (because, truly he really does have a soft spot for his pseudo-grandchild until we can give him a real one). I have a feeling it won't be so easy with one that doesn't play fetch, sit, stay, and go potty on command....

1 comment:

Married2MrWright said...

I just saw Voodoo on a Travel Channel special about Donuts. Looks very cool! I'll have to check it out someday!

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez