I got my "attachments" and first set of invisalign trays today. They HURT....but I've only had them in for 4 hours. I hear they get better after 1-2 days. I wear each set for 2 weeks, so that means when I put on each new set I get to look forward to this mighty painful initial adjustment.
The attachments I mentioned are little buttons of tooth-colored enamel that are attached to certain teeth that need to be rotated. My trays have indentions to catch these buttons in order to provide that rotation. I tried to take pictures of them, but our camera *sucks*.
So I can only have water while the trays are in; otherwise, I have to take the trays out to eat and then brush/floss/rinse/reinsert trays...EVERY time I want to eat something. Tonight I took the trays out after about 1.5 hours in, tried to eat soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Uh, yeah, not so great. I have 4 of those attachments on my bottom teeth, and due to the overjet/overbite I have, I can't fully bite down because my top teeth hit those buttons on my bottom teeth. Looks like the "invisalign diet" is off to a great start. I'll be sipping soup for a while! Not to mention the pain I felt with trying to put the trays back in after eating...(those little attachments are a pain in my ass!)
Oh! I forgot to mention the sanding of my teeth that I got to enjoy today as well...the dentist took a thin piece of metal that serves as sandpaper to reduce the width of some of my crowded teeth and allow room for them to shift. It felt like what hearing nails down a chalkboard sounds like.
This better work! (and if I could lose about 10 pounds, that would be great, too!)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment