So I have wanted straighter teeth for YEARS...and because I'm such a vain person, metal braces really were never on my "maybe" list. I went in last Monday for an Invisalign consultation with a local dentist, and he thinks it would be a great treatment option for my needs. Here's what Invisalign is all about.
So I get to go in Wednesday to have my teeth molded, get awful pictures taken from all directions, and hand over a cool $500 first payment to get things rolling. The dentist sends all my info to Invisalign and they develop a computer-generated guesstimate of the way my teeth will look throughout the process. When I and my dentist approve of the pictures, sets of trays are molded, and I wear one set for two weeks, move on to the next set until my teeth are where I want them to be. My insurance covers 60% (that's the biggest reason why I'm following through with this).
The biggest change will be brushing, flossing, rinsing, and cleaning the trays every time I eat something (no, you don't eat with them on). That's a lot of work, especially while I'm AT work. Apparently, most people who do Invisalign lose 5-15 lbs because they don't snack as much. Yippee! I could use some help in that area. :)
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
you know what stinks? my dental insurance will not pay for orthodontics for anyone over the age of 25 unless medically necessary! so I would have to pay for it myself!
you will have to let me know how the invisiline thing goes! miss you!
Post a Comment