Monday, July 7, 2008

Post Holiday Blues

The worst thing about having a 3-day weekend is the reality of Monday! It's not bad, though.

We had a great time this weekend...one of Glen's college buddies, Matt, stayed with us Thursday through Sunday, along with his girlfriend Laurel. It was our first time meeting Laurel, and she was/is such a sweetheart! They both live in the TriCities Washington area and were looking to "party it up" with the "city folk". Heh. I guess if that's what they think we are, I won't tell them any different! We took them on a tour of the Historic Columbia River Highway to see the many falls, including Multnomah Falls (where Glen and got engaged), then we spent the evening at Cascade Locks to drink, laze around, and watch the firework show. Pretty uneventful, but fun!

Then we went to Portland's Saturday Market on.....of all days...Saturday morning. :) I picked up a cheap knock-off pair of sunglasses for Mexico (32 days and counting!), they contemplated buying a bong (just kidding, but they do sell them there), and we had Dim Sum just down the street. Later that night we went to Rheinlander's for German food:





We stuffed ourselves! We stopped at Portland City Grill afterwards for cocktails and a beautiful panoramic view of Portland, then headed home. They left yesterday...I wish they lived closer!
There was no fun after that--laundry, yardwork, housecleaning--and when kids come, it's gonna get so much worse. Oy.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Look at you beautiful couples...and yes, it is different with kids. I find that lowering my chore expectations does wonders.

Amanda said...

Just be prepared...when kids come, the house is never as clean and tidy as you would like!

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez