Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cobwebs and ticking clocks

It's been well over a year without a post from me. Life got busy, I fell into a bit of a slump for a while, and to be honest, it felt like too much work to write. I don't really expect anyone to read this now, since it's been so long, but I thought it would be cathartic for me to get my thoughts out here. So if there is anyone out there, thanks for reading!

Katelyn is now 2 years, 8 months old, and a bundle of energy! She amazes us every day with her vocabulary and speech ability, as well as her extroverted, people-loving personality. She is physically the spitting image of me and just like her daddy in the personality/entertainment department. She's completely into singing like her daddy, but much to his dismay, her latest music fave is "Boys, Boys, Boys" by Lady Gaga.

Yeah.

Mom of the Year Award here, right?

She's not wearing raw beef as an outfit or smoking cigarettes, so keep the judgement at a minimum, k? :)  It's actually pretty funny how she knows the words better than I do!



We just got back from a weekend at Lake Merwin, where K got to swim (wade) in the lake for the first time! She is quite the little fish in the pool (with her floaties, of course) and loves to dance, too. As bad as terrible twos-almost-threes can be, our world wouldn't be the same without this little girl!

Summer is winding down, weekends will start to become less busy, and I have more to come regarding a journey of self-improvement I started on two weeks ago. Yesterday was my 32nd birthday, and I've been frustrated with my body, my attitude, and my (lack of) energy as of late. Even after run-walking the Portland Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in May, I still am having a hard time with my self-esteem.  Tune in for more! (only if you really want...)

Now off to clean the cobwebs of this blog....thanks for reading!




No comments:

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez