Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year, Happy 4 weeks!

My baby is 4 weeks old today! It seems as though it happened just yesterday...but the sleep deprivation reminds me that it's been longer than that. :)

We hit another milestone today: I was making those typical high-pitched "mommy voice" noises and kissing Katelyn today when she smiled!

Could this be gas?

:: I give Katelyn a second kiss::

ANOTHER SMILE!!! So my baby girl recognized her silly mommy and smiled twice. My heart has melted.

On other fronts, I can't believe the holidays are over and the new year has come. I've sucked up 4 of my 12 weeks of maternity leave, and it seems to be passing quickly. It didn't help that for the last 2 weeks I have had the flu, and the 2 weeks before that were difficult due to typical postpartum recovery. I finally feel like a semi-normal person!
Who would have thought that I could be happy with an interrupted-multiple-times night of 4-5 hours of sleep total? I have also learned that I don't have to have the room completely dark to sleep, and that 6:30 a.m. is not so early anymore!

Katelyn had gained 3 oz by her 2-week appt on 12/21 to make it up to 8 lbs 5 oz, but I believe she might be well on her way to 10 lbs by now! You wouldn't think so by looking at her in person, but I definitely feel the extra weight when I pick her up from a nap or when nursing her. She is a great latcher, and she also takes a bottle from daddy, grandma, or auntie Amanda without a problem! This is so nice when I need a break.

Tonight we will run out of newborn sized diapers and will try the size ones...they were big on her last week, so we're hoping she doesn't have a leak when we try them tonight! She is still wearing newborn sized clothes, as all of the 0-3 month sizes completely swallow her...but I can tell that her little legs and arms are getting a bit longer every week. I bet she goes up a size in the next 7-10 days, but we'll see!

2009 was a great year for us, and of course, Katelyn was our greatest accomplishement...and the tax deduction won't hurt. :)

Christmas pics to come!





2 comments:

Noelle said...

can't wait to see pics. glad you're feeling better!

imavera said...

I love baby smiles :)

I can be completely frustrated and then he smiles. Instantly, I could skip around the room, lol.

 

Mission: Happily Ever After Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez