Before home ownership, Glen: "I can't wait to have our own yard to mow, take care of plants, barbecue, do whatever we want."
After home ownership:
"Damn, I've got to mow the lawn again! That shit grows like crazy!"
Our backyard needed a little TLC today, so we spent about 2 hours weeding flower beds, pruning, and another 3 hours replacing our birdbath, planting new flowers, putting out barkdust. Here's what our superdog Tech did:
Boy, has he got it made. Here is part of our backyard, for those of you who haven't seen it:
Anyway, things went well. We can't complain (much). If only we could have bought the house in the middle of July to know that our neighbor to the back of us has a lawn so large that he only mows the 1/2 closest to his house...we get to enjoy the 6-foot tall "native grasses" that so conveniently leave their spawn to blow into the wind and establish their seeds in our flower beds...arghhhh. Did I mention the fact that our fence is slatted cedar, which allows growth in between slats? Seriously, it looks like we should be sprouting corn any day now...
This also displays one of the FEW disadvantages to owning a male dog....shrub burnout!




2 comments:
Hello! Love it! Very funny and great pics.
Well, I think Tech is probably the smart one then :)
Welcome to the blog world. I sent you an invitation to mine, so look for it in all the places where e-mail arrives (inbox or spam).
Say hi to Glen for me.
Post a Comment